Friends, valued customers, fellow crafters and textile – workers!
As every year, here are some “last minute news” before the Open Day and Yard – Fest in on Sept. 8th.
Number 25 is going to be a very unusual one, not only because of the huge number of bookings we got.
The buzz around the event is just amazing and the team of helpers from various countries (the first ones are arriving just now) will bend backwards to make it “the day (and the evening/night) of the year” for you.
Before we go into detail, I would like to thank some of our friends in the media for good reports and high – quality journalism. This coming week will see several publications carrying our last press-release – be sure to look out for it.
Last week, I particularly liked the articles in the “County Derry Post”, in “Unity” and across the water in the “Sueddeutsche Zeitung“. But I suppose that’s personal taste.
Treats on the Shop Counter especially for the Open Day:
- – Limited edition of hand-woven table – ware, hand hem-stitched and woven with yarn from Irish Flax! (weaving and embroidery: Marion Baur) 6 pieces only!
- – “Blow your nose in style” – limited edition of handkerchiefs!
- * hand – embroidered (motive: The flax – flower) on shuttle – loom woven linen. 10 handkerchiefs only!
- * plain handkerchiefs made with cloth we wove from yarn which was spun from GOTS – certified organically grown flax.
Treats on Stage – news item of the year:
- – Rainer’s back!!! Our friend, songwriter/singer Rainer Frankl is coming over from Germany. When terrible illness struck again last year, we didn’t think, the most performing artist in the history of the Yard Fest would ever be here again. Just last week we learned that he will be coming to celebrate with us and give us a few pieces on stage. We are extremely happy about these news.
- – Ghost! Most of you have already heard it: Danny Boy’s ghost is returning from Berlin to be on stage during the concert!!! (see here for more)
- – Treats for Kids, on the catwalk and at a special stall: Catherine Thompson is a gifted tailor from Dungiven who owns the “Ms Sew and Sew” label. She specialises in kid’s garments and will have a selection with her. Also, one of her daughters is going to model an outfit she designed and made from linen woven here at the Flax Mill.